What do I know about the subject of the brief?
Swarovski is a luxury brand revolving around crystals. Founded in 1892 by Daniel Swarovski and is still a well known and respected company
What do I need to know about the subject of the brief?
Most popular products
Where are their stores?
Average price of a product
Here is a list of 50 facts, statistics, quotes and opinion to help me learn a little more about my chosen brief:
1. Total turnover in 2010: 2.66 Billion euros (Swarovski)
2. Tyrolit Business - 0.50 Billion euros
3. Swarovski Company - 2.06 Billion euros
4. Optic Business - 0.09 Billion euros
5. Worldwide Swarovski group employees Dec 31 2011 - 28,578
6. Swarovski company employees Dec 31 2011 - 23,421
7. Tyrolit Business employees Dec 31 2011 - 4,468
8. Optic business emplyees Dec 31 2011 - 689
9. Own-operated Swarovski boutiques and concessions in 2010 - 1084
10. Partner-operated boutiques in 2010 - 889
11. The D. Light watch with 171 crystals.
1. Crystal Definition - a solid body bounded by natural plane faces that are the external expression of a regular internal arrangement of constituent atoms, molecules, or ions.
2. The formation of a crystal by a substance passing from a gas or liquid to a solid state, or going out of solution (by precipitation or evaporation), is called crystallization.
3. The particles in a crystal occupy positions with definite geometrical relationships to each other.
4. Crystals may be symmetrical with relation to planes, axes, and centers of symmetry
5. Centers of symmetry are points from which imaginary straight lines may be drawn to intersect identical points equidistant from the center on opposite sides.
6. Crystals differ in physical properties, i.e., in hardness, cleavage, optical properties, heat conductivity, and electrical conductivity.
7. Swarovski's figurines are collectible, with a stylized mouse being the very first figurine created.
8. The company produces many types of figurines from ladybugs to limited edition Disney collectibles.
9. Crystallized – Swarovski Elements crystals were included in some collectible silver coins issued by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2009.
10. In 2004, Swarovski created the 9-foot-diameter (2.7 m), 550-pound (250 kg) star that tops the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in New York City for the first of five consecutive years.
11. Production locations 18 countries - Argentina, Austria, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, UK, USA.
12. The family company has remained fully independent since its foundation in Wattens, Austria, in 1895.
13. Swarovski creates jewellery, fashio, accessories, lighting, interior design, culture and industrial research and development.
14. Swarovski is the market leader in Precisely cut crystal elements and semi-finished products.
15. Swarovski is the market leader in Crystal jewellery, crystal objects and crystal accessories.
16. Swarovski is the market leader in Crystal chandeliers, lights and lighting systems.
17. Swarovski is the market leader in genuie gemstones and created stones.
18. As of 2007, Schonbek Worldwide Lighting Inc., a leading specialist in the design and production of exquisite crystal chandeliers, lights, and lighting systems, has been part of the Swarovski company.
19. Within the expanded field of crystal, Swarovski developed products that have now established themselves as independent brands:
• Precision optical instruments (SWAROVSKI OPTIK)
• Grinding and dressing tools (Tyrolit)
• Road safety products (Swareflex)
20. Swarovski has supplied and inspired the fashion, jewellery and accessories industry for many years.
21. For many years Swarovski has played an indispensable role in haute couture.
22. Its long standing creative pertnership with the fashion world spans from Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli to the icons of today's catwalk.
23. 1892 - Denial Swarovski invents a revolutionary machine that allows crystals to be cut more precisely than with existing manual methods.
24. 1895 - Daniel Swarovski founds the company in Wattens, Tyrol, with the vision of bringing joy to people through crystal.
25. Daniel Swarovski's guiding principle in 1895 is sstill followed by the company today: 'To constantly improve what is good".
26. 1919 - The Tyrolit brand is registered with the Innsbruck Bank of Commerce and Trade for the production of separating and grinding toold.
27. Today, Tyrolit leads the market in innovation and technology and is synonymous with grinding technology expertise.
28. 1931 - Sew-on crystal ribbons are launched, offering fashio and accessory manufacturers new design possibilities.
29. 1965 - The first Swarovski crystals for chandeliers and lighting are launched.
30. 1975 - Swarovski develops the Hot Fix system, enabling crystals to be applied to a wide variety of materials quickly and easily.
31. Brands such as Ungaro and Givenchy continue to use the Hot Fix system technology today.
32. 1976 - The frist decorative crystal figurines win the hearts of consumers.
33. 1976 - Swarovski beins machine cutting cubic zirconia.
34. 1977 - The first Swarovski jewellery collection launched.
35. The Swarovski premium line today incorporates jewellery, accessories and decorative crystal objects.
36. 1987 - The Swarovski Crystal Society is formed.
37. Today the SCS is made up of around 325.000 members in 120 countries.
38. As a tribute to the company founder, the Daniel Swarovski couture line is launched.
39. Swarovski develops Crtstal Mesh, a closely woven mesh of sparkling crystals that today is emplyed by a host of designers, including D&G, Chanel and LV.
40. 1999 - Swarovski and Golay enter into a joint venture called Signity.
41. 2001 - The global network of Swarovski Creative Service Centers offers business customers around the world advice on trends, inspiration and product information.
42. 2002 - Chandeliers become and art form: as part of the Crystal Palace Collection.
43. Each year legendary artists create new, avant-garde designs for chandeliers.
44. Andre Heller Expands Swarovski Kristallwelten, with the addition of new chambers of wonder in 2003.
45. In conjunction with leading fashion ad jewellery designers, "Runway Rocks" is founded - a collection of unique jewellery pieces featuring crystal for the catwalk in 2003.
46. "A World of Beauty", the first publication from the Daniel Swarovski brand s released in 2005.
47. 2007 - Swarovski takes over Schonbek Worldwide Lighting Inc.
48. The Schonbek Worldwide Lighting Inc is based in Plattsburgh, New York and is the world market leader in the premium crystal chandelier sector.
49. 2009 - At the "Baselworld" watch and jewellery exhibition, Swarovski launches its first watch collection.
50. 2009 - The Swarovski Wien Inspirational Center is opened.
1. Today, the name Swarovski stands for exacting workmanship, quality and creativity all over the world.
2. The collection produced by Swarovski and Atelier Swarovski continually reflect the spirit of the times.
3. Their expressive power is rooted in the creativity of the Swarovski design team, as well as the contributions made by leading international designers.
4. Thanks to Swarovski's ongoing commitment in the fields of research and
innovation, there really are no limits when it comes to designing with
Swarovski Elements and Swarovski Gems.
5. The versatility of crystal is without comparison.
6. The grace of light: Aura by Swarovski. Crystal is transformed into liquid energy.
7. The crystalline Collection prefectly balances funtionality and design.
8. The crystalline collection perfectly balances purity and poetry.
9. The crystalline Collection perfectly balances glamour and preciousness.
10. Swarovski crystal is the high-quality driven, independent feature film production arm of Swarovski.
11. Swarovski Entertainment is smart entertainment with a poetic angle and a strong emotional thrill.
12. Swarovski entertainment offers a highly entertaining, inspiring, transformative and uplifting experience.
13. Sparkling fashion accessories turn the ordinary extraordinary.
14. There is nothing better than a properly functioning team, where each member acts as inspiration for the others.
1. 'We are a company of inventors'. Paul Swarovski
2. 'Our creativity is first and foremost grounded in technology". Paul Swarovski
3. 'If you keep the larger picture in mind and set aside your personal interests, you will be able to secure your own standard of living as ell as the future of your families". Daniel Swarovski
4. " Is it necessary that you treat each other amicably, offer one another assistance and support, and neither compete nor place obstacles in one another's way'. Daniel Swarovski.
5. The global crystalline fashion sky has to be redrawn and, in the endless scope for interpretative crystalline diversity, the world of Swarovski reinvented' Markus Langes-Swarovski.
6. 'The energetic signals of these seasonal labour pains pulsate through our company and each and every one of us, protecting us magnificently from being addled". Markus Langes-Swarovski.
7. We must meet mother's oft-expressed wish of carefully maintaining unity within the family, and ensuring that this unitiy is also maintained within the business, in line with the maxim of Peace in the home and peace in the factory". Alfred Swarovski.
8. "In my opinion there is nothing better than a properly functioning team, where each member acts as inspiration for the others'. Markus Langes Swarovski.
9. 'We can only create things by working together" Daniel Swarovski.
10. 'Having a good brand name is hugely important for our customers and conveys our reliability, quality and creativity as well as out sophisticated production techniques". Helmut Swarovski
11. 'Each one of us must look to consolidate and strengthen values every day". Helmut Swarovski.
12. " A precondition for long term success is that you endeavor to think not only of yourselves but also of your fellow human beings. Those who adhere to this condition will cetainly be blessed with success". Daniel Swarovski.
13. 'Self-assertion through creative self-help, where technical improvements and new inventions play a central role: here we can see the full effect of Daniel Swarovski's spirit before us" Alfred Swarovski.
14. We remain faithful to the vision of Daniel Swarovski I by challenging our biggest achievements with a laxer eye turned towards the future" Helmut Swarovski.
15. 'Daniel Swarovski I considered his work a living entity, not mere scientific pursuit of study. He was utterly fascinated by it". Alfred Swarovski.
16. "I have no doubt that our customers can sense our youthful spirit and collective energy in every single endeavour and in every single crystal". Markus Langes- Swarovski.
17. 'You can draw conclusions about the entire cosmos from the smallest of crystals" Markus Langes- Swarovski.
18. 'The mysterious medium of crystal kindles the creative spark that conjures up ever new syntheses of musical and stylish imagination'. Markus Langes-Swarovski.
19. 'Our mastery of light ad cut continues to open many new horizons beyond crystal itself. These capabilities provide us with nearly endless possibilities'. Daniel Cohen
20. 'Crystal is space' crystal can create spaces. Markus Langes-Swarovski
21. 'The ancient doctrine of harmony can be applied to the material(crystals)' Markus Langes-Swarovski.
22. 'Bringing beauty to the world is our goal: Beautifying people and their surroundings". Robert Buchbauer.
23. 'It goes far beyond the product, it touches the heart'. Robert Buchbauer.
24. 'Today I am convinces that there will come a time in which humanity as a whole ill be more mature and more enlightened' Daniel Swarovski II.
25. The hectic life we lead today will be left behind and constancy will hold sway, then we will know again what our ancestors knew and the indigenous tribes still know today, namely, that jewellery-based on true feeling as correct use- is just as important for the inner being as food is for the body' Daniel Swarovski II.
26. 'It all started with Daniel Swarovski I and our founder's and ancestor's unyeilding faith in innovation with a purpose. A vision and a mission: To provoke and elated epiphany in anyone experienceing one of our creations". Markus Langes-Swarovski.
27. ''The times have changes and will change' ML Swarovski.
28. 'The drive for emotional avant gardism where every day already is tomorrow, will live and grow in each and all of us" ML Swarovski.
29. 'We call it the poetry of precision. A human, industrial and creative advernture that takes Swarovski way beyond its limits, like a crystal facets challenging us to go past the surface and reach out for unprecedented depths, unexpected thrills'. ML Swarovski.
30. 'Swarovski is all about people connecting to creations. And this is quite a modern approach to luxury' ML Swarovski.
31. "Evolution never stops" Daniel Swarovski.
32. 'Evolution never ceases. Reforms in one area lead to further reforms in other areas. One must, however, always be alert to the opportunities'. Daiel Swarovski.
33. 'As masters in crystal manufacturing and cutting technology, we collaborate with visionaries in fashion, jewellery, architecture and design who are able to maximise the expressive power of crystal.'Nadja Swarovki.